Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Vegan stuffing made with mushrooms, vegan sausage, your favorite bread, onions and celery.
- 2 cup celery thinly chopped about 5-7 stalks
- 2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, minced about 1 cup
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning made of thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, black pepper, nutmeg
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce substitute or omit
- 3 cup vegan sauce minced (small pieces) Field Roast , Smoked Apple & Sage (use your favorite) or omit all together.
- 1 cup water
- 1 loaf of bread, baguette or crusty bread of choice about 3 cups bread cubes
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
Preheat the oven 375 degrees
To a large medium hot pan add the celery, onions and mushrooms with a splash of water or vegetable broth and saute for about 7 minutes. Add additional liquid if anything begins to stick.
Add in tamari and red pepper flakes and stir for about 1 minute.
Set aside the celery, onion and mushroom mixture and add to bowl or plate.
To the same pan add in the small chuncks of the vegan sausage and saute until brown for about 5 minutes. Add in a couple tablespoons of vegetable broth to keep from sticking.
Add the celery, onion, mushroom back to the pan with vegan sausage and mix together. Add in poultry seasoning and mix together with 1/4 cup of vegetable broth and mix together for about 2-3 minutes.
To a large bowl or casserole dish add the celery, onion, mushroom and vegan sausage to the bowl. Next add in cubed bread pieces and mix together. Add in 1 cup vegetable broth and with you hands or a spoon mix the bread and vegetable mixture together. The bread will absorb the liquid. You can additional 1/2 cup of liquid if the bread is dry.
Add to a casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.