Who's up for a snack that's as delicious as it is simple? Say hello to Vegan Walnut & Chocolate Chip Bites! These are my go-to for those moments when only something sweet and satisfying will do.
We're talking just a few ingredients here – chewy dates, crunchy walnuts, and those irresistible chocolate chips. Trust me, these are the kind of bites you'll want any day, anytime.
Here’s the best part about these Vegan Walnut & Chocolate Chip Bites – they're no-bake! That means no oven, no fuss, just simple mixing and rolling. You get to enjoy all the health perks of dates, walnuts, oats, and vegan chocolate chips without any baking hassle. Perfect for when you want a quick, healthy snack without turning on the oven. Just mix, roll, and you’re good to go
Eat & Enjoy: What's Good in Our Vegan Walnut & Chocolate Bites
These Vegan Walnut & Choco Chip Bites are more than just yummy – they're packed with good stuff. Dates are great for natural sweetness and give you fiber and vitamins. Walnuts? They're all about brain-boosting omega-3s and heart health. Oats add to the fiber goodness, and the vegan chocolate chips mean delicious without the dairy. So, while you're enjoying these bites, you're also giving your body some health-loving treats.
What are the ingredients?
- Medjool dates, pitted
- Rolled oats (make sure they're gluten-free if needed)
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Salt (optional)
How to make the bites?
Pit the Dates: Start by removing the pits from your dates to prepare them for blending.
Blend Dates & Walnuts: In a food processor, blend the dates and walnuts until they form a sticky dough.
Add Oats: Add the oats, a pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. Pulse until well combined.
Mix in Chocolate Chips: Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
Form Balls: Scoop out small portions and roll them into balls. Place the rolled balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or a plate.
Chill: Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
Tips and Tricks to Customize Your Vegan Bites
- Customize: Feel free to add other ingredients like coconut flakes, seeds, or different types of nuts.
- Storage: Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Sweetness Adjustment: If you prefer your bites a bit sweeter, consider adding a splash of maple syrup or agave nectar. For a less sweet version, use fewer dates.
- Freezer-Friendly: These bites can be frozen for longer storage. Just pop them in the freezer and thaw for a few minutes before enjoying – they make a great cold treat!
- Portion Sizes: Play around with the size of your bites. Make mini bites for a quick snack or larger ones for a more filling treat. This can also be fun if you're serving them to guests or kids.
Can't wait for you all to try these Vegan Walnut & Chocolate Chip Bites! If you make them, I'd love to see how they turn out. Drop a comment below or tag me @ShellyPlantBasedFoody with your yummy photos.
Love seeing what you whip up in your kitchen. And for more simple, tasty plant based recipes, make sure to subscribe to the blog. Enjoy your snack-making!
- food processor
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt (optional)
- In a food processor, blend the dates and walnuts until they form a sticky dough.
- Add the oats, a pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. Pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out small portions and roll them into balls. Place the rolled balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or a plate. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
- For immediate serving, arrange them on a serving tray or plate. If storing, you can directly place them in an airtight container, using parchment paper between layers to prevent sticking.