Make almond milk with just 2 ingredients. Almonds and water, that's it! Almond milk bought in the grocery store contains at least 7 or more ingredients.
It's really simple to make and taste delicious!
1 - Cup Almonds
3 - Cups of Water
- Soak almonds in water for 8 hours or overnight or do it before you leave for work. The soaking helps to release the enzymes in the almonds which makes it easier for digestion. (Hey, if you don't have the time you can soak for less)
- Drain the water in the sink and empty the almonds into a blender. I use a Vitamix.
- Pour 3 cups of water into blender with almonds for about 2 minutes
- Pour mixture into a nutbag, Place the nutbag in to a bowl or a pitcher to capture the milk.
- Squeeze the nutbag and the milk will be released.
- Pour the liquid into a mason jar and you have made your own almond milk.
How long will the almond milk stay fresh?
The almond milk should last in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. In our house, the milk normally last about a day because my kids drink it so quickly. You can also make more than one batch at a time.
The almond meal in the nutbag can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator for a later use for baking, making cookies or bread. Nothing goes to waste!