These are so good you can't stop eating them. Savory Crunchy Chickpeas. (Bye-bye salty oily snacks!)
It's like there must be something bad in them... that you can't stop eating them.
Even my kids can't stop eating them.
Actually there isn't.
These crunchy chickpeas do the trick with all the crunch and savoriness without the salt and oil when you have that craving for a salty treat.
I used to have more of a sweet tooth but my tastes have changed and I tend to have more desire for savory foods. I love the combination of spices have that smokey savory flavor.
They remind you of the bag of crunchy chickpeas in the store with all the flavoring.
There are two versions of this recipe one for the oven and one recipe for air fryer. The chickpeas tasted similar but the air fryer cooked them quicker.
Savory Crunchy Chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drain can of chickpeas. Empty chickpeas into a bowl and add all of the spices and mix together.
- On a baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet, add the chickpea mixture.
- Roast in the oven 30-40 minutes until crunchy. Turn the chickpeas about 15-20 minutes into baking.
Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Air Fryer Directions:
- Drain the can of chickpeas. Empty chickpeas into a bowl and add all of the spices and mix together.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and set the timer for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes remove from air fryer and mix the chick peas and place back in to the air fryer for another 3-5 minutes. Or, until desired crunch.
Comment Below with a particular snack that you would like to see made healthier, and plant based.
All the best,
P.S. Chickpeas are great for appetite control and plant based protein and fiber. To help you feel full and satisfied.