Is it possible to have delicious tasting fries without the oil and to dip in a cheesy sauce, without regrets? Yes!!!
Here is a recipe to make crispy potato fries without the oil. The trick is to boil before you bake. The texture of the fries is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
The fries have a nice smokey flavor from the paprika and pairs well with tangy cashew sour cream. Who doesn't love sour cream on potatoes!
- 5 medium sized red potatoes (Can substitute with other potatoes)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 420°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
2. Wash the potatoes and cut in to wedges about ½” wedges
3. Add potatoes to a pot of water and bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes. The water should be about 2 inches above the potatoes. The potatoes are done when little less than fork tender.
4. Drain the potatoes and add back to pot
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir and coat the potatoes
6. Transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet with parchment paper and spread evenly.
7. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until crispy and brown on the outside. Flip the potatoes after 15 minutes.