I found a new love this week! It's roasted garlic...so good...
Thought it would be perfect in hummus. Hummus typically has garlic but roasting it gives a richer flavor.
Just the smell of roasted garlic throughout the house is amazing.
This hummus is oil free and is great for dips, snacks or for a filling a sandwich or lettuce wrap.
Garlic is low in calories, may help with cholesterol, and helps with the common cold.
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼-1/3 cup aquafaba (liquid in the chickpea can)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim the head of the garlic and wrap in parchment paper. Then wrap in aluminum foil. Roast with the cut side up for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the paper and squeeze the garlic into a bowl, set aside.
- Pour the liquid from chickpeas in a separate bowl and separate the chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and roasted garlic to a food processor. Blend. To make a creamy texture pour in ¼ cup of the aquafaba slowly. Add more if you want a creamier hummus spread.
- Blend and serve.
This is a great dip for vegetables or in sandwich or stuffed in pita bread.
Comment Below and let me know what you think.
All the best,
P.S. If you batch cook or meal prep, this would be great to have as any easy go to meal for the week... for a quick lunch or dinner.
#vegan #oilfree #plantbasedfood #hummus #mealprep