What do you do with a bunch of extra ripe bananas? You make oat flour banana bread!. This oat flour banana bread is great for dessert or a quick breakfast on the go.
This banana bread is made with oat flour and is gluten free. This gluten free vegan banana bread takes about 15 minutes to prepare and put in the oven. And, it takes my family about 15 minutes to eat the whole thing:)
This banana bread was made with oat flour made from some ground old fashioned oats from my pantry. You can easily add one cup of oats to a food processor and make one cup of oat flour. Which is cheaper than buying oat flour at the grocery store. And, you can make it as you need it.
What I like about this Oat Flour Banana bread recipe?
- It’s Vegan and made oil free. No oil was added to this recipe.
- Basic ingredients found in most pantries like oatmeal, cinnamon and maple syrup
- A flax egg is used to replace an egg. It has 3 grams of fiber and is cholesterol free. Flax egg is great binder for baking.
- And it’s a great way to enjoy bananas that are extra ripe banana before they go bad. Another tip, when the bananas are ripe you can peel them and put them in the freezer for future use for a smoothy.
What are the Ingredients?
- oat flour
- flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water and let sit for 15 minutes)
- almond milk (non-dairy milk of choice)
- maple syrup (optional)
- apple cider vinegar
- baking soda
Instruction for the Oat Flour Banana Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×4 pan with parchment paper
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl
- Add in the wet ingredients, maple syrup, vanilla extract, flax egg and almond milk. Mix together until combined and creamy.
- To the combined wet ingredients, you will add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the batter to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and pour in the batter. You will want to evenly spread the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire baking rack.
Some Options for this Oat Flour Banana Bread recipe:
- Substitute the almond milk for your none dairy milk of choice
- You can add in some chocolate chips or nuts to the batter.
- Top the banana bread with sliced bananas on top of the batter after it has been poured into the baking dish.
P.S. If you make this recipe, leave a comment below, share your pictures on Instagram , and mention @plantbasedfoodylife or #plantbasedfoodylife …. I’d love to see what you make!!!
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, mixed with 3 tbsp water, stir and let set for 15 minutes.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice) can substitute with half cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking soda, cinammon and salt
- In a large bowl. combine the bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, flax egg, and apple cider vinegar and almond milk. Mix well until creamy
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for for 50 minute. Test using a tooth pick or a tester and insert into the center until noting comes and is clean
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the banana bread from the pan and place on wire rack to cool.
Do you think this would work with pumpkin instead of banana?
You could try that. Small can of pumpkin to substitute for the bananas. I would leave out the almond milk, so it is not to liquidity. Let me know how it turns out.