I wanted to share with you a quick 15 minute meal that is filling and delicious.
I like to cook simple meals that are quick, delicious and healthy. Also, I like doing something good for myself that moves me towards my goals and how I want to live. I really believe food choices impact those goals.
This dish is made up 3 simple ingredients that you can find in any grocery store. Cabbage, tomatoes and a can of navy beans.
I love cabbage. Most people think I am crazy but I do. It reminds me of my grandmother as a kid when she would make stuffed cabbage. Steamed cabbage with some balsamic vinegar is one of my favorites.
This is a simple dish that is hearty and will really fill you up. Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable which is a great source of beneficial nutrients and fiber. Also, beans are great source of fiber and protein.
(No Oil) Sautéed Cabbage with Tomatoes and Great Northern Beans:
- 1 half a head of cabbage chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomates halved
- 1 15.oz can of Great Northern Beans or 3 cups of cooked beans
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Sauté halved tomatoes in medium hot saute pan. Add splash of water to pan and stir so the tomatoes don’t stick. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add in the red pepper flakes and stir with the tomatoes. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped cabbage to the pan and stir. Add in the water and stir and cover the pan with a lid. Stir every couple of minutes until the cabbage starts to soften.
- Once the cabbage begins really soften add in the beans and stir again. Then add in the balsamic vinegar uncovered. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add salt (optional) and pepper for taste.
- Once the cabbage is soften, it’s ready to be served.
This can be served as a main dish or as a side.
Comment Below and to let me know if cooking without oil is important to you.
All the best,
P.S. I’ve found that cooking without oil has been really helpful with weight loss and another benefit is you can really taste the flavor of the food.
#beans #cabbage #nooilsaute