How to meal prep kale? Kale is a dark leafy green that most people, at first, do not like because it can be too hard to chew. But there's a trick to kale to make it taste good so you will want to eat it. Not just because it's healthy, but tastes good too.
If you didn't know, there is a variety of kale to pick from like lactino kale, red kale and curly kale (found in most grocery stores). I tend to choose what ever looks best at the time. I suggest looking for kale that has the best color and avoid kale that is yellow or has brownish leaves.
Kale is a green that can be prepared in advance because it's heartier green compared to lettuce, romaine or spinach. Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days in a sealed container. Kale can be served raw, steamed, sautéed, and added to veggie bowls or soups.
How to meal prep kale so it tastes good
- Rinse the kale and pat dry.
- You want to remove kale leaves from the stalk. You can use a knife or tear it with your hands.
- With your hands you can tear the kale along the stalk, then discard the stalk.
- Roughly chop the kale.
- Next, squeeze some fresh lemon juice.
- Massage the kale with your hands until the kale begins to soften.
The kale will start to have a shiny color from the lemon juice. Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 3-5 days.
What can you make with prepped kale?
- Make a veggie bowl mixed with rice, tofu, kale, and red peppers
- BBQ Tempeh bowl with kale, tomatoes, and sprouts
- Roasted Chickpea mixed with kale, and brown rice.
When you have the kale ready to go, it's easy to add in some extra healthy greens to almost any meal.
For more Kale Recipe Click Below
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh lemon squeezed about half lemon
- Wash the kale and pat dry
- Remove the stem with a knife or tear with your hand. Chop the kale into small pieces or tear with hands
- Add the kale to a bowl and add fresh lemon juice. With your hands, massage the kale with the lemon juice. Massage for about 1 minute until kale begins to soften
- Refrigerate for 3-5 days.