This vegan cashew cheese sauce is sooooo good! If you were afraid to go vegan because you would miss cheese, this is the sauce for you. It can be prepared within 10 minutes and taste delicious.
I use this basic cheese sauce for all kinds of dishes. Like Vegan Mac N Cheese or Queso Salsa.
What are the ingredients for the cheese sauce?
- Nutritional Yeast
- Miso Paste
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper (To taste)
Here’s a Quick tip… if you want the cheese sauce to be thick and have a gooey texture, you can add some agar to the cheese sauce or corn starch to the Vitamix and pour the sauce in a sauce pan on medium heat, and then continue to stir. The cheese sauce will thicken up and have more of a gooey texture.
How to make the vegan cashew cheese sauce?
- Soak the cashews in water for 4-6 hours. The longer they soak, the softer the cashews become and easier to blend
- Once the cashews are soaked, the cheese sauce comes together in about 5 minutes
- Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix or high speed blender. Mix for about 2 minutes. Cheese sauce is then done
You can use this vegan cheese sauce in a variety of ways. To make mac n cheese, queso or to make scallop potatatoes.
P.S. If you make this recipe, leave a comment below, share your pictures on Instagram and tag me with @plantbasedfoodylife … I’d love to see what you make!!!
- Vitamix or High Speed Blender
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked soak 4-6 hours
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Soak raw cashews in water for 4-6 hours. The longer they soak the softer the cashews become.
- Drain the cashews and dispose of the water. Add the cashews to the Vitamix or blender.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender including the boiling water.
- Blend on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Cheese is ready!