Creamy Cauliflower soup is oil free, nut free and made with plant based vegan ingredients. The soup takes around 20 minutes to make and is creamy and delicious. You can also use this soup as a creamy nut free cheese sauce as well.
One thing I like about this soup is that it gives you some options. For instance, you can blend the whole soup and make a creamy sauce. You can also leave some of the cauliflower out of the blender, add later, and have a chunky soup. I also like to add in some rice if it’s already cooked in advance.
Can you use Fresh or Frozen Cauliflower?
Fresh or frozen cauliflower florets work well when creating this soup. So if you have frozen cauliflower in the freezer, go ahead and use that. It’s a little chopping when you use the frozen veggies. When you are using the frozen cauliflower there is a little more water when you do an oil free sauté.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
- Red bell pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Nutritional yeast
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make this soup in 5 simple steps:
Chop up the veggies
To a medium hot pot add in the diced red bell pepper. Stir and add in a little bit of water (about 1-2 tbsp) if the peppers begin to stick. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes for the bell peppers to soften.
Adding the cauliflower and the vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cover for about 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender. Once the cauliflower is done, let it rest and cool for about 5 -10 minutes before adding to the blender or Vitamix.
Remove 2 Cups of the cauliflower and red peppers and set aside to add later for a chunky soup.
Add the the cauliflower soup to the blender and blend until smooth. Next add in the lemon juice, nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the creamy soup back into the pot with cauliflower mixture and mix together.
Ready to serve! Top with some fresh cilantro or parsley as an option.
How to use as a Cheese sauce?
This soup is great on its own. You can also use it as a creamy cheese sauce to pour over a baked potato or broccoli. This would also be delicious over your favorite rice and bean dishes. I love to multi-purpose my meals.
If you want more oil free sauces and dressings, make sure to get a free copy of my guide by clicking on the link below
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped 4 cups of frozen cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat. Add in the diced red bell peppers. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add in a little water (1-2 tbsp) if the peppers start to stick.
- Once the peppers begin to soften, add in the cauliflower and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the cauliflower with a lid and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove from heat and allow the caulifower to cool for about 5-10 minutes before adding to a blendar or a Vitamix.
- Add the soup to the Vitamix or blender. You can save about a cup the cauliflower and red pepper mixture if you would like to have a chunky soup.
- Add the cauliflower soup to the blender or Vitamix. Blend until smooth. Next add in the lemon juice, nutritional yeast andred pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.Salt and pepper to taste. You
- Pour the creamy soup back into the pot with cauliflower mixture and mix together. Ready to serve.