Roasted oil free vegetables are a great addition to your holiday table.
Here we have roasted beets, brussel sprouts and carrots when all together create a delicious beautiful dish for your holiday table. These roasted veggies are not just for the holidays, I make these roasted oil free vegetables all year long. I try to limit my use of oil and so I wanted to create a dish that is oil free, simple to make, and tastes delicious.
Slice the veggies and baked in the oven with a pinch of just salt and pepper. One of the benefits of cooking without oil is you really get to taste the delicious flavor of the vegetables.
“The carrots taste like sweet potato fries”... This was a quote from my teenage daughter, Zoey.
Tips on Roasting Oil Free Vegetables?
- Less fat in your diet. Oil is calorie dense. One tablespoon of oil is 14 grams of fat.
- Use parchment paper or silicone sheets so the vegetables don’t stick to your baking sheet
- Taste the flavor of the food naturally
- As an alternative to oil, you can also use water or vegetable broth as a substitute
- For each starchy vegetable you can steam until fork tender before roasting is an option
- Easy clean up
You can serve these vegetables individually or mix in a bowl.
Simple Steps to create your roasted vegetables:
- Wash and peel the veggies
- Cut the vegetables
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner
- Add the veggies to the baking sheet
- Add spices
- Roast in the oven and turn half way
Tip on cutting carrots:
The carrots are peeled and sliced on angle. The carrots are sliced about an inch and half long. It makes it nice for dipping or adding to a salad or bowl.
You can top the roasted vegetables with a lemon tahini dressing. This dressing can be used with vegetables and makes for a great dip! In addition, you can also toss all the roasted vegetables in a bowl and mix in some dressing as an alternative.
Roasted Beets, Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 beets
- 1 lbs brussel sprouts
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2-1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt optional
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Peel and slice beets into 1/4 in slices. Triangular slices. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the beets on the baking sheet.
- Peel and slice the carrots on angle into 1 1/2 long slices. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the carrots on the baking sheet.
- Cut the bottom off the brussel sprouts and cut in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the brussels sprouts on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sait and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes and turn half way. Fork tender and serve.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle on top of you vegetables or use as a dipping sauce.