Plant Based Cooking Instructor & Coach
Shelly Hughes is a Plant-based Cooking Instructor, Health Coach, Speaker and Entrepreneur. She is the creator of several talks and programs including; “Healthy Plant-Based Meals That Won’t Frighten Your Family!” which is designed to share delicious recipes learned and developed over the past decade from teachers like Dr. T. Colin Campbell, David Wolfe, the Rouxbe Cooking School and many more.Shelly’s decision to study plant-based food and change her food choices began twenty years ago as a result of several health issues. Her body’s response to dairy, meat products, soda, etc. was taking a toll on her daily quality of life and she started looking for alternatives. It wasn’t easy. Research on the internet and following “experts” was leading her into a constant loop of unrealistic expectations and high-hopes… and then disappointment and frustration with the results. Finally, she started finding simple recipes that were delicious and even better than she expected, and she felt healthier and better than ever. As a result, she decided to share her successful recipes with the world and created Plant Based Foody, LLC.
Shelly’s formal education and research over the past twenty years has included;
- Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach & Educator
- Institute of Integrative Nutrition, Certification as a Holistic Health Coach
- Cornell University, Certified in Plant Based Nutrition by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Rouxbe Cooking School, Certification in Plant-Based Cooking
- The Body Mind Institute, Raw Chef Certification
- The Body Mind Institute, David Wolfe Nutrition Certification
- And the trial-and-error of working through dozens of other programs independently
Shelly does not provide personal medical advice. Always work with your physician or qualified health care provider before adjusting medications or making diet changes.